Sales Development Representative (Philadelphia, PA)
Sales – Sales Development Representative
The Starting Role (because it will change over time!)
A rare opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities for their senior Account Executive counterparts. This role manages the outbound campaigns for their target market, qualifying buying interest, and identifying key decision makers. The SDR will need to clearly articulate the Formotiv mission, value proposition and key differentiators. You will work directly with the founders to drive new customer revenue and play an integral role in building out Formotiv’s end-to-end sales process.
- Making 100+ outbound phone calls, emails, & social media messages per day
- Discovering new leads through research & market trends using tools like Sales Navigator
- Build and manage a strong pipeline of prospective customers and work with management to provide accurate sales forecasts
- Developing and managing a prospects status and forecasting in Salesforce.com
- Achieving weekly, monthly, and quarterly metrics for new contacts, qualified leads, and first meeting generation
- Developing and managing all automated email outreach – cadences, content etc.
- Build out inside sales structure to eventually result in hiring a team
- Travel with senior Account Executives to industry trade shows & conferences to generate brand awareness and new opportunities
- Move into role qualifying prospective customers through web demonstrations and eventually to a quota carrying sales rep
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Very organized (you will be managing outreach automation & Salesforce integrity in addition to your achieving new lead generation goals)
- Eagerness to wear multiple hats and lend a hand to your teammates when called upon
- Technologically savvy and ability to learn new technology fast
- The ability to demonstrate a strong aptitude for Sales
- Stock options with vested interest in growing the business
- Competitive health benefits
- Ground floor access to venture-backed technology start-up with global presence
- The chance to create culture and join a winning team
- Grow and advance in any number of potential roles including management
The 5 Cultural Characteristics we look for:
- Curious: You look at each day as an opportunity to learn something new, not as an opportunity to prove what you already know.
- Excellent work ethic: You look at each day as an opportunity to get better for yourself and your team
- Empathetic: You care how others feel around you, and you have the capacity to understand their points of view.
- Self Aware: You know your strengths and weaknesses and you aren’t afraid to ask for help
- Integrity: You have the judgment to do the right thing even when it’s not in your own self interest
Formotiv is revolutionizing the way businesses optimize digital experiences. We’re well financed and have earned the business of some of the world’s most well-respected financial services companies. We’re a scrappy, collaborative group that is open to challenging each other and believe in learning something new everyday.
At Formotiv, team members:
- Have total ownership and accountability over their role and functional area.
- Have visibility into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same).
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Formotiv, so we move fast every single day.
To apply for any listed position, email a cover letter mentioning the position and attach a PDF version of your resume/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org